- The earliest ancestors of this breed of dog were said to be curly-coated dogs of central Asia but is also identified with France.
- In France the dog was also named Chien Canardor Caniche, indicating this breeds duck hunting qualities.
- The standard cut for this breed of dog originated in France, and there was a lot of effort by people who specialized in this breed of dog to perfect the smaller varieties.
- However, the popularity of this breed of dog decreased in the United States and by the 1920’s, North America hardly had any dog of this breed. This breed made a successful comeback after a decade or so, now becoming one of the most popular dogs in the U.S.
If you have any questions or have a guess please let us know in the comments below.
Tula and Momar
I just wanted to announce the winners for this weeks “Guess the breed contest!”.
The breed: The bulldog was the correct breed!
Thank you for joining our weekly “Guess the Breed!” Contest post.
We are sad to say that no one joined our weekly game. Please let us know if we could make it easier for you or if you have any questions via comments.
Tula and Momar
We welcome everyone to our first “Guess the Breed!” Contest post where you guess the breed and we announce it later on. If you aren’t already educated on our “Guess the Breed!” Contest post then let us tell you more.
In our original post, Thank You, we had announced that we were going to start a “Guess the Breed” Contest every Monday and on Friday we would announce a winner. It is all really, quite simple. We will list at least 4 facts about a breed of dog and you have to guess the breed! If you can’t get it within a certain amount of time then I will come in and give you a hint fact which will be a very well known fact about the breed. On Friday we will announce the winners, along with a photo of their pet. We will include the breed of the dog and add any additional information that we feel we need to share.
Note- Once you have made your guess make sure to email us a photo of your pet (all pets allowed!) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now lets start the guessing!
- This breed of dog is the 6th most popular dog in America, even though, in LA these dogs are the #1 breed according to the AKC.
- These dogs are one of the most popular mascots for universities and sports teams.
- These dogs originated in England dating back to the 16th century.
- This breed of dog can live up to at least 10-15 years.
Thanks for checking out our new post! If you have a guess or question please let us know in the comments below. Thanks!
All pets are welcome!
Thank you all for all the followers, likes and helping hands! I really appreciate it all and so do Tula and Momar, so we want to give you something in trade! Tula and Momar are going to post up at least one post with a photo of a breed of dog in it and then we’ll give a small description of the breed and then you have to guess it in the comments! Whoever gets the breed right is pet of the day!
Everybody who is interested please tell me your pets names so that way I can name your pet pet of the day otherwise you can’t participate if I don’t have your pets name. You can also like the post to participate so if you just like it and you don’t want to be included please let me know in the comments. The guessing will begin Monday and end Friday so get ready!
Thank you everyone!
Tula and Momar
Note: After thinking about it, we’ve decided to change our Pet of The Day Contest into a Pet of The Week Contest. Every Monday we will post a list of facts that describe one breed of dog. Some of the facts you may know, some may be new to you. All you have to do to get your pet featured, is correctly Guess the Breed! To find out if you got it right, and if you email us a pic of your pet (email@example.com), just check back on Friday! All winners will have their pets featured as a Pet of The Week.
We love adventuring new paths and trails! Today we did a tiny adventure with our owners and discovered a new path for next time! I hope we’ll love it for our next and quite exciting adventure!!
Let us know if you have any favorite places you go with your loving pets in the comments below!!
Thanks for reading! Tula and Momar